How awesome would it be to have a set of answers which you know will help you smash ANY competency based interview?
Imagine crafting exquisite bullet proof answers for competency questions in less than two hours.
Whether you are preparing for a competency based interview or need to complete an application form which has competency questions, I am confident you will love what I have to offer.
Over the past 6 years I have successfully passed over 40 competency based interviews or application questions for firms in different sectors, such as:
- Civil Service
- London Stock Exchange
- JP Morgan
My name is Tanim Zaman, and I was at university for 5 years (BSc Economics at LSE) and I have done internships pretty much every single summer.
I was DESPERATE to secure an internship each summer because I didn’t take out any loans! So apart from some small bursaries, that was my only way of paying for university.
2009 – Deloitte (Gap year scheme)
(+offer from Civil Service
Having done so many interviews helped me refine my answers year on year and I have been able to identify 4 KEY STEPS which ANYONE can use to create bullet proof answers.
What I mean by bulletproof, is answers which you can use in full confidence to smash any of your competency interviews or application questions.
Preparing for competency based interviews is not as straight forward as it sounds.
Are your examples good enough?
What are you supposed do to get a high score?
Do your answers sound too short?
What if you don’t have much work experience?
What if you can’t think any more relevant examples?
What if you’re not sure if your example is suitable?
I totally understand your pain.
I remember being very overwhelmed by trying to keep on top of my applications, psychometric tests, interviews, assessment centres, assignments, problem sets, readings, project deadlines… (massive sigh).
I also know that there is huge pressure associated with securing an offer. For some it is family pressure, peer pressure or financial pressure… for me it was the only way to pay for my university fees.
So getting an offer is a BIG deal. It is the first step into our dream career. It is why we worked so hard at school!
That is exactly why I decided to share this 4-step system with everyone… for free.
Over the past few years I’ve developed a bit of a reputation as the interview guru, so I have been helping lots of friends and socially disadvantaged students with their interviews and assessment centres. To my absolute delight, the results have been amazing. (Testimonials below!)
I now want to make my ‘secret sauce’ available to everyone.
My 4-Step System will make the whole experience SIMPLER, FASTER and STRESS-FREE.
(Hopefully fun too!)
- How to come up with a wide range of examples even when you don’t have much work experience
- How to dig deep into each competency to make your answers outstanding
- How to decide which example to use for each competency
- How to spin any example to match an unrelated competency (yes you heard that right!)
- How to structure your answers like a pro
- How to make sure you cover everything so the interviewer doesn’t need to prompt further information
- How to make sure your delivery is engaging
- How to turn any situation into a solid competency answer
- How to know what each competency actually means
- How to use the right language in your answers (music for the interviewer’s ears!)
- Save yourself a HUGE amount of time and effort.
- Walk in your competency based interviews knowing you will effortlessly smash them
- Hugely boost your confidence
- Pretty much guarantee your chances of getting to the next stage of the process
- Allow yourself more time to focus on the more difficult part of the process, such as case studies and assessment centres.
Waqaar ButtConsultant, PWC
Sarah WahidAssistant Manager, Deloitte
Riad ZzamanTreasury Analyst, Bank of New York
Barbora WinczerovaUCL Economics Undergrad
Musa Sunny KabiriAssociate, Financial Ombudsman
Ashraful SyedQueen Mary, Aerospace Engineering Graduate
Fathia BegumIncoming Graduate, Deloitte
Mobien MiahConsultant, Deloitte
Nahian SiddiqiSerial Intern – APAX, ING, EY, Credit Suisse, C.Hoare & Co.
Nadia YasminDeputy Head of Maths, Bethnal Green Academy
SIfat AhmedIncoming Summer Intern, Goldman Sachs
Haidar AliFuture Leaders Programme, The British Council
All Rights Reserved